The 2018-2019 Fellows and mentors at the Fellows Awards Dinner during the 2019 AUTM Annual Meeting
The 2018-2019 Fellows at the AUTM Foundation booth during the 2019 AUTM Annual Meeting
Training the Next Generation of Technology Transfer Professionals
The AUTM Foundation is offering an opportunity for universities to support a promising employee or student to participate in the Technology Transfer Career Training Program for the 2019-2020 cohort. The program is intended for early career professionals with 1 year or less of experience in technology transfer. This is a great way to get new hires up to speed without burdening your current staff with training and mentoring responsibilities. Since space is limited, there is a two-step process to secure your spot:
- TTO Director (or other authorized individual) submits the downloadable Commitment Form to email@example.com. [note: do this as soon as possible to hold your seat for this cohort]
- Candidate fills out the application form here.
All commitment forms must be submitted by April 15, 2019. Applications are due by May 15, 2019.
The Technology Transfer Career Training Program offers those new to technology transfer an opportunity to transition to careers within the industry by providing formal training, networking and practical experience in this field. The program pairs selected applicants with an experienced technology transfer mentor who offers in-depth, first- hand knowledge of the complexities of the profession. In addition to in-person training, the fellows follow a core syllabus of educational webinars covering such topics as the fundamentals of technology transfer, invention disclosures from cradle to licensing, basic patenting, marketing, and negotiation. Each fellow is provided a two-year AUTM membership that includes access to AUTM’s Technology Transfer Practice Manual. With unlimited access to AUTM’s 80+ webinar library, participants are immersed and guided through all aspects of technology transfer.
All Applicants Must:
- Have one year or less of work experience in the technology transfer field
- Have high interest in developing new skills to bring innovation from inventors, institutions, and entrepreneurs to commercial use and public benefit
Fellows Will Receive:
- Expert mentor assigned to each participant
- Two year AUTM membership
- Full access to AUTM’s Technology Transfer Training Manual and Webinar Library of 80+ topics
- Travel, accommodation, and registration to
- AUTM Essentials course in Oak Brook, IL – September 8-11. 2019
- AUTM Annual Meeting in San Diego, CA – March 8-11, 2019
- One AUTM Regional Meeting (North American Fellows only)
- Inclusion in online peer communication forums with current and previous fellows
- Dedicated program administrator to field questions and troubleshoot