Join us June 28-29 and July 1-2, 2019 at the Westin Kolkata for the East India – United States Symposium on Intellectual Property Rights!
The AUTM Foundation is excited to partner with Apio Innovation Transfer and the US Consulate in Kolkata to host the East India – US Symposium on Intellectual Property Rights.
The Symposium consists of two 2-day workshops: one for intellectual property practitioners in academia and law, and a second for local and regional entrepreneurs and businesses. It is rooted in a mandate to understand intellectual property rights (IPR) challenges and best practices, expand innovation and entrepreneurial activity in India, and connect Indian and US businesses.
Primary Symposium Objectives
- IPR Workshops: Discuss intellectual property rights, intellectual property protection strategies, impact of current case law, the impact of PTAB decisions, and the importance of intellectual property in innovation economies.
- Connecting people: Facilitate interactions both before and after the IPR workshop to connect and enable personal connections between individuals and businesses in the United States and India.
- Knowledge and Building Capacity: Produce a white paper that will discuss intellectual property protection issues in the context of U.S.-India relations.
The symposium program will consist of the following components:
- Pre-workshop Networking via group video calls
- IPR Workshop for intellectual property attorneys law college faculty and students. 1.5 days of topics designed to facilitated discussion regarding challenges and best practices. A half-day leadership summit with panels discussions on (June 28 – 29).
- IPR Workshop for entrepreneurs and business professionals. 1.5 days of topics on the role, importance, and value of intellectual property in technology-based business. A half day summit following the symposium will discuss the challenges in protecting intellectual property in various industry sectors.
- Post-IPR Workshop Networking to solidify new relationships.
- Academic white paper describing IPR challenges in the US and India.
The AUTM Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit with the mission to enhance and support the development of intellectual property and technology transfer activities. We are seeking tax-deductible gifts of $2-5,000 from companies who are engaged in and passionate about intellectual property, technology entrepreneurship, and international trade.
Should you decide to partner with us, your support and advocacy mean increased visibility and you will receive:
- Name and logo on all printed material
- Social media sharing, mentions, and engagement
- Name, logo, and URL on program website
- Opportunity to present at workshop
- Potential for co-authorship on journal article
Please contact Liz DiVito at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Registration / Attending the Workshop
The workshops will be taking take place on June 28-29 and July 1-2, 2019 at the Westin Kolkata.
Registration is free but seats are limited so be sure to save your spot and register!
Registration coming soon!
Be sure to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook for up to date information regarding the workshop and registration! You may also enter your name and email below to be directly notified once registration is live.